use code MAWA4903
baby itemsbuy baby items at diapers.combuy baby items at diapers.com
Not valid for existing Diapers.com, Soap.com or BeautyBar.com customers. Some restrictions apply.

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

This year, more than ever, I am so grateful for my family. It is just me and the kids right now because Chris is at sea. We miss him terribly and I miss being with all of you so much. I always try to explain our Thanksgiving to people but I think one really has to attend a Thanksgiving at Buto manor to truly understand. I was talking about the annual lawn football game one time and my friend said, "What are you? The Kennedys?" It made me laugh out loud. We are certainly a bunch of loud-mouthed Irish Catholics, eh? Good-looking bunch too!

Seriously though, I cherish how close we all are and how every year no matter what has transpired throughout the year, we all make our way to Dexter to have our meal, watch the Lions play football choke, help Uncle Santa pass out presents to all the kids, eat a million desserts, pass the talking stick, play Balderdash, shiver on the lawn to watch the game/ treat any injuries (mostly sustained by Auntie Kathleen), and just love each other.









2 comments:

Rachel @ Finding Joy said...

I'm laughing at your little one with that big Turkey leg! Too cute.

Great Thanksgiving post.

Blessings,

Rachel

Elizabeth said...

Thanks! He was such a baby and he ate nearly the whole thing too. LOL